A small, fast-paced environmental consulting firm located in Mid-town Manhattan seeks a Full-time Environmental Engineer with 2-5 years of experience. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere. The ideal candidate should be a quick learner, have strong communication and problem solving skills and the ability to think on their feet. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
- Experience preparing design documents for remedial systems (SSDS, VES, etc.);
- Performed environmental site investigations including sampling of soil, groundwater and soil vapor following proper sampling protocols and regulatory requirements;
- Experience with characterizing and logging soils;
- Familiarity with environmental field equipment (PID, Multi Gas Meter, Interface Probes, CAMP equipment, etc.);
- Experience with conducting Phase I Environmental Site Assessments and reporting;
- Ability to direct and oversee subcontractors;
- Knowledge of NYSDEC and NYCOER regulations and guidance documents;
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly; and
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD is a plus.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering
- 2-5 years’ of related experience in environmental assessment and remediation
- Driver’s license in good standing
Safety Certifications (preferred):
- 40 Hour OSHA HAZWOPER Certification
- 10 or 30 Hour OSHA Construction Certification
- SWPPP Certification, a plus
FLS offers the ideal candidate the ability to work on a wide range of projects for a diverse portfolio of clients. To apply, please provide a cover letter with your resume, your interview schedule availability, start-date availability, salary requirements and a contact phone number to email@example.com. Please indicate on e-mail subject line “Environmental B18”.
Job Type: Full-time